Our purpose at RVA Rope Bite is to create a safe and welcoming place for those who are interested in rope bondage to explore, learn, practice, innovate, and share their collective knowledge about rope in a non-judgmental environment.
Rope Bite meets regularly (usually every other Thursday evening) at Fallout in downtown Richmond to provide a place for local rope bondage enthusiasts to socialize, practice, and share their skills.
While we do offer direct instructions at some meetings, we primarily consider ourselves a social skill-share and practice group. All levels of experience and approaches to rope are welcome at our meetings. You can come alone or with friends or partners. You can watch, self-tie, tie, or be tied. Or you can just come to meet and hang out with local rope enthusiasts.
We model ourselves after the founding principles of Rope Bite International, which are:
- focus on rope bondage
- inclusive and open to all
- part of the larger community (not in place of or in competition with)
- non-political (actively avoiding community drama or group politics)
- meetings range from food and talk to hands-on practice to education
We ask participants of our rope events to follow a few rules in order to keep everyone safe. The rules can be summed up in this: Be safe. Be polite. Share. But to spell them out a bit more …
- Our number one rule is safety. No one is allowed to participate if they are not going to follow safety procedures. Rope is dangerous. We don’t want anyone to get hurt, nor do we want to associate with anyone that is going to get people hurt.
- Tops and bottoms are responsible for practicing negotiated consent at all times.
- Please leave your ego at the door. This is a rope practice group. People have different learning styles, and some people assimilate information faster than others. We accommodate all those eager to learn. We provide a safe and comfortable space for you to learn to tie and/or be tied.
- All body types, levels of physical ability, levels of experience, and types of rope are welcome to explore rope bondage here.
- Fallout does not allow nudity or photography at any time, and we must adhere to those policies when meeting there.
- Please don’t walk on the mats with anything but bare/socked feet or very soft-soled shoes.
- If you plan on tying, please be considerate of those being tied and cut or file your fingernails. As is always the case, attention to personal hygiene is appreciated.
- This is a rope bondage practice group. If you wish to discuss religion, debate politics, promote your business, or “hook-up,” this is not the place to do it.