How Do I Get Started?
If you’d like to get involved in some way, here are some options to get you started:
Subscribe to the Newsletter!
We send updates about special events and announcements through our newsletter, so if you want to make sure not to miss anything important, make sure to subscribe.
Come to an event!
We post all of our events in a few different places, so check regularly or subscribe in your favorite calendar solution:
- Website Calendar: we keep the calendar on this site up-to-date with rope-related events
- Fetlife Group: we post events in our Fetlife group (also look for the “upcoming events” sticky in the group)
- Google Calendar: we also maintain a Google Calendar that you can subscribe to through your favorite calendar solution
Learn about Our Offerings!
We run a number of different activities under the umbrella of “RVA Rope.” Here’s a quick overview of our main offerings:
- Rope Bite is a social rope practice and skill share meetup that meets every other Thursday evening.
- Rope Study is a series of courses and workshops designed for both tops and bottoms to help them progress from beginner to advanced
- Rope + More is a collection of different meetups and special events, from acro-shibari to self-tying, that meets every other Tuesday evenings on opposite weeks from Rope Bite.
- We also hold special events and host guest presenters throughout the year.
Take our Rope 101 course!
Rope 101 is a hybrid online/in-person course designed to give you some basic information about rope bondage and tips for starting to practice it safely. The online component can be accessed at any time. In addition, we offer a two-session, in-person course at regular intervals throughout the year. Check the calendar for upcoming offerings. Both the online and in-person course is free!
Consider joining us for Rope Study!
Rope Study courses are designed for both tops and bottoms and promote risk-aware rope bondage art at a responsible progression. We typically run these courses in the spring and fall of each year, but you can also schedule individual or small-group private instruction. Visit the Rope Study page and see the FAQs for more information and upcoming classes.
Find us on Fetlife!
Volunteer to Help!
There are many ways to help us out, from volunteering at events to organizing and setting up to presenting or even becoming a board member when positions are open. If you’d like to help out in some way, please visit our Volunteer page to learn more.