If you’re in the Richmond, Virginia area and interested in rope bondage, here are some ways to start getting involved!
Subscribe to the Newsletter!
We send updates about special events and announcements through our newsletter, so if you want to make sure you don’t miss anything important, subscribe today!
Follow Us on Social Media!
Learn about Our Offerings!
We run a number of different activities under the umbrella of “RVA Rope.” Here’s a quick overview of our main offerings:
- Rope Bite is a social rope practice and skill share meetup.
- Rope Lab is an advanced social skill share and practice space.
- Rope + More is an open skill share event for anyone interested in combining rope bondage (including self-tying) with acro-yoga and similar skill sets.
- Rope Study we work in cooperation with Rope Study to offer a series of courses and workshops designed for both tops and bottoms to help them progress from beginner to advanced.
- We also hold special events and guest presenters throughout the year.
Come to an event!
We post all of our events in a few different places, so check regularly or subscribe in your favorite calendar solution:
- Calendar: We maintain a Google Calendar that we display on this site and that you can subscribe to through your favorite calendar solution. Our newsletter also provides a monthly summary of upcoming events.
- Twitter: We also post about upcoming events on Twitter.
- Fetlife Group: We post events in our Fetlife group (also look for the “upcoming events” sticky in the group).
Consider joining Rope Study!
Rope Study offers courses, workshops, and private instruction designed for both tops and bottoms to promote risk-aware rope bondage at a responsible progression. They typically run courses in the spring and fall of each year, but you can also schedule individual or small-group private instruction with them. Visit the Rope Study page for more information and upcoming classes.
While you’re there, consider taking their online starter offerings. (They’re free!)
- Rope 101 is an online course designed to give you some basic information about rope bondage and suggestions for where to go next in your study.
- Risk Profiles in Rope Bondage is an online workshop designed to help you identify your own risk profile and use that to inform your approach to rope study and progression.
Volunteer to Help!
There are many ways to help us out, from volunteering at events to organizing and setting up to presenting or even becoming a board member when positions are open. If you’d like to help out in some way, please visit our Volunteer page to learn more.